Monday, October 21, 2013

Screen Dump 2

Your institution green eyes reflect the Bela Lugosi of your dreams . . .
With the flagrancy of youth . . .
Though you continue to take pot shots at clay academicians . . .
And lesser-known wannabes . . .
There's something sad about that . . .
And something to be said about that . . . but I'm not sure what . . .
Walmart is as good a place as any to start . . .
Never trust alabaster cockatoos . . .
Or blue-light specials . . .
Or, for that matter, people named Iridescent, or Iri, for short . . .
I did . . . several times . . .
Trying to make the most of it . . .
But I thought I was invited for that reason . . .
So I dove in . . . over my head . . .
A roomful of talent minus one . . .
The made-for-TV villain was the voice of pastiche . . .
Dancing his/her amendments . . .
I've been mining prose for revelations . . . since day one . . .
Engulfed in pretension . . .
Picking and choosing from both sides of the menu . . .
What matters . . . really . . . is . . . what matters . . .
Be well, do good work, and give it a rest . . .

Bela Lugosi