Most of the time I don’t run and hide.
- Bob Dylan
You seed the illusion
comfortable with the aloofness you've affected
your undeniable self awaiting word
wind chimes buffering fragmented hours . . .
You page through
taking notes
the photos yellowed and brittle
the footnotes tiresome
pages missing or hidden . . .
Why go there? . . .
Why not? . . . It all fits . . .
Or so you'd like to think . . .
But there are elements of happiness
of enchantment
of times spent with eyes wide shut
composing lines that . . .
That what? . . .
That were never delivered, I guess . . .
Aha! . . .
I could have followed the thread, you know . . .
And ended up where? . . .
Not sure . . . But not here . . .
And then? . . .
Look, most of the time not unlike the rest of us
I just try to soldier on . . .
| Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison |