Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bipolarity Among the Ancients

The snow arrives as promised
followed by a pop-up steam locomotive
filled with ancients.
Most are apologists.
The women sport jogbras in cool colors.
I want to be their tour guide
I want to show them around
but not knowing the town
I do nothing.
The ancients are eBayers as well
and continue buying and selling
from the third tier of the tour bus
as it winds its way up and down
the icy, centuries-old roads.
We barely miss being sucked
into a YouTube video
narrated by William of Occam.
He signs my book:
To Tom, Cheers! Bill
an inscription in keeping I guess
with his reputation.
The bus route is dotted
with several strategically placed placards
emblazoned with the caveat:
Choose the hypothesis with the fewest new assumptions.
I like its ring, and jot it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment