Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Breakdown of Significant Magnitude

Every now and again the room had to be rehung.
We slipped back into dreams possibly in deference.
The phone rang.
No one was there.
A news anchor interviewed interlopers on TV.
A pizza arrived.
Someone went grocery shopping.
Someone overstayed his welcome
and had to be pried away under watchful eyes
leading to a breakdown of significant magnitude.

2 comments:

  1. I must apologize for letting it come to that, but the pizza was delicious. In the grey light of the morning after I'm in complete agreement that eating a pizza and drinking two six-packs exceeded the limit of standard guest propriety, not to mention having to be pried off the bannister rail and stuffed into my coat prior to leaving. I have bought a book about Zen, applied to be a contestant on "The Biggest Loser," and plan to mend my ways. This time. Really.

    Root Boy Slim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Slim,

    The tapes show that it was more like 12 two-packs. Nonetheless, we remain in your corner.

    ReplyDelete