Sunday, April 24, 2011

Trying to Find My Own Easter Eggs

The nice thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide
your own Easter eggs.
          - John McCain

Did Abraham Lincoln say that?
Who?
It's here in the dictionary.
He's out back.
Insidious.
Developing so gradually....
Your wrinkled brow has an appointment.
It will be pressed along with your trousers.
Remember, one leg at a time.
Like this?
The ticket from your childhood.
Around the bend.
What ticket?
May I see the timetable?
I found the photos from your canoe trip down the Yukon.
There's gold in them thar hills.
That dentist was flaky.
I'm glad we switched.
The TV remote is lost.
In the Yukon?
Did he leave a message?
The access code is on the tip of my tongue.
The what?
Elvis has left the building.
In ruin.
Something about a poem by Shelley.
It has to be behind Door #3.
Uncle Miltie. Now there was a comedian.
Nope.
Not to worry, we'll reset the table with your mother's china.
Let's take a trip.
Ozymandias.
Now you're talkin'!
They're dropping like flies.
You should have got a flu shot.
The last time I saw him he was bopping along

without a care in the world.
I tried my best to listen.
Dribble. Dribble.
The cluster flies are piling up on the sill.
The stench will be horrific.
I need to get dinner ready.
All blue and green.
We saw a woman in an iron lung in a sideshow.
The circus was in town.
We have to capture the sunrise.
Front row seats.
Five people were held hostage.
How many years ago was that?
At least 35.
I thought he was older.

He's such a nice kid.
I hope the two of them make it.
Eight solid years.
This and that.
New York.
New York. It's a wonderful town:
the Bronx is up and the Battery's down.
We had this huge shiny Winnebago
and flashlights.
We followed the path.
Clapping.
What about the groceries?
They give me the heebie jeebies.
Do I know you?
I know you.
You're the one who makes house calls.
Screw Santa!
The kids were dressed in costumes.
We took them to the parade.
He managed to tunnel through.
There was so much laughter.
I can't remember how to use this.
Can you help me?
The milk truck collided with a coal wagon.
Who are you?
Please, don't.
I was afraid you had left.
They're crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment