by Hana Sheedy-Corrado
I fell in love with his eyes.
Now, when I see them my heart stops.
The lump in my throat
the knot in my stomach
the tears in my eyes.
But I won’t leave.
Not just yet.
I need every comforting moment I have left.
I know it’s time
but I’ll hold on to these last few minutes as long as I can.
I watch him play with his curls.
The lump in my throat grows.
The knot in my stomach tightens.
Knowing this cannot be my life anymore terrifies me.
I know I’m not in love with him anymore
but I love him so fucking much.
I wonder why I’m still here.
I bring myself to this place
where all I feel is nothing.
But isn’t nothing better?
Isn’t it better to feel numb
than to hurt
than to feel so overwhelmed
that you’re drowning
peacefully drowning
and although everyone is watching
no one bothers to help
because they don’t know what it’s like, right?
To drown
but you don’t want help.
So you let yourself drown
until you find the courage to let go.
I don’t want to do this anymore.
![]() |
| Jarek Kubicki |

No comments:
Post a Comment