Friday, March 26, 2021

Screen Dump 555

Then I went off to fight some battle
That I'd invented inside my head
          - Sting, Fortress Around Your Heart

You tongue the moon . . . and revisit the porcelain day
when you did nothing . . . could do nothing . . .
but move forward into a maelstrom . . .
the initial fascination stripped
compressing the algorithm
which bumbled along
with Wiz Khalifa's Black and Yellow:
Everything I do I do it big . . .
Indeed . . . the door opening to a windowless room
on the other side of the Williamsburg Bridge
soundtracked by Sonny's tenor . . .
You tried to cut the verb free
but you remained Faustian below the surface . . .
a green glow as if from a disemboweled tanker
which began life in the name of the father
as part of a re-enactment in a hotel room
accoutered with sparkling cityscapes . . .
You counted ripples from swim fins in the East River
but managed to enjoy most of the close encounter
ears stuffed with cotton à la Tarantino
as if under the ruins of a walled city . . .
You spent the afternoon riding the L train
rehearsing your lines in French
to embellish the mystery of the audition . . .

Jan Scholz



No comments:

Post a Comment